Mustang Scholars Program
The goal of the Mustang Scholars Program is to reach out to boys and girls who are academically articulate, knowledgeable, accountable, and live with purpose to make a difference in the world for the glory of God, and who would otherwise not be able to afford to attend and graduate from Monte Vista Christian School as boarding students.
The program is driven by Monte Vista Christian School's mission to champion students to achieve their highest potential through Christ-centered educational excellence.
• Young men and young women, grades 9 – 12, who would benefit from attending Monte Vista Christian School as a boarding student, and who are from urban and rural areas of California.
• The students will come from Christian homes that support the mission statement of Monte Vista Christian School.
• The students will be nominated by a parent, friend, neighbor, church, civic, or school leader.
• The student's family will meet the financial aid requirement of a family earning less than $50,000 per year.
• The student will have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
• The student will have a course schedule not requiring accommodations.
• Be nominated by a parent, friend, neighbor, church, civic, or school leader, then:
- Complete the Mustang Scholars application.
- Complete the MVCS admission application (fee waived).
- Complete the financial aid application (fee waived).
- Provide written recommendations from: School Official from your current school; and one more recommendation from someone who can talk about your character.
- Have a personal interview on campus.
• The student will pay tuition, room and board based on their financial aid application.
• The student will live in either the boys’ or girls’ dormitory, and be a part of the total Monte Vista High School experience.
• The student will provide their own transportation to and from Monte Vista at the beginning and end of the School Year, and at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter.
• The student will provide their own spending money, clothing, school supplies, toiletries, and room supplies including bedding.
• The school will provide challenging academic courses, access to our resident academic advisor and college application assistance, room and board, textbooks (depending on need), and MarchTerm classes.
Renewal of Scholarship:
Keep up 3.0 GPA;
No discipline issues; and, Good overall citizenship.
Mustang Scholars Application Deadline: February 17, 2012
Mustang Scholars On-Campus Interviews: February 17 – March 1, 2012
Mustang Scholars Decisions Mailed: March 10, 2012
Mustang Scholars Enrollment Deadline: March 31, 2012
Mustang Scholar Application Form
Application for Admission
For More Information, contact:
Peter C. Gieseke
Director of Admission
Monte Vista Christian School
2 School Way
Watsonville, CA 95076
Phone (831) 768-6194
Fax (831) 722-0361